Your Hospital Stay
Registration is located just off the main lobby of the NSHN Blind River site. Please remember to bring your Ontario Health Card and pertinent insurance information with you when you go to register.
During your admission, you will receive an identification bracelet which is to be worn at all times. Your identification bracelet is our means of identifying you for treatment, medications and emergency purposes. Please do not remove it from your wrist.
Your doctor will advise you when you may go home. Please make necessary transportation arrangements with a family member or friend. Ensure that you have all of your belongings and hospital cards, as well as aftercare instructions and prescriptions as needed. It is important that you understand all the instructions about your medications, diet, activity and return appointments. If you have any questions, a member of the health care team will assist you.
What to Bring / What NOT to Bring
- Your Ontario Health Card with you
- Your own toiletries including toothbrush, toothpaste, hand soap, shampoo, tissues, deodorant, razor and cream, comb and brush
- Your own pajamas, a robe, slippers, and your own pillow if you wish
- Any aids you use such as canes, walkers, wheelchairs, hearing aids, dentures and eyeglasses (be sure to have your name labeled on all of these items)
- All current medications you are taking in their original containers
Do NOT bring:
- Money and valuables with you. A bank machine is located in the main lobby if you require funds. If you have jewelry, credit cards or large sums of money with you, please ask a family member or friend to take them home.
Colour TV units are available for rent on a daily basis. Payment is due prior to activation and at time of renewal (there are no exceptions). Payment may be made using cash, Interac, cheque, Visa, MasterCard or American Express. The rental period is from 12:00 PM to 12:00 PM the following day.
Rate: $2.00 hook up charge, $7.00/day (taxes incl.). You must prepay minimum 3 days rental. The connection fee and first day rental are non-refundable. The fee is included in semi or private insurance coverage.
If your condition permits, you will receive a daily menu to refer to when choosing your meals (check with your nurse about specific meal times for your unit). Your healthcare provider, family or friends can help you fill this out. If you follow a special diet, please let us know when you arrive. If you would like to talk to a dietitian while you are here, please let your healthcare provider know.